Friday, November 7, 2008

Advertising Flaw

After spending all morning writing a paper on interventions for individuals with cognitive impairments engaging in inappropriate sexual behaviors, I need a change of pace. I figured a funny post would do the trick.
So here goes. We opted to skip school pictures this year. I never really cared for the staged nature of them, and they are far too pricey for the quality. Today I was very happy with that decision when I received the following advertisement in H's backpack.
Yes this is H's school photo this year and the advertisement basically said: "It's not too late to order your school pictures for the year." I think from this picture it is clear that there is no quality control to make sure that anyone would actually consider buying the photos that they are marketing. I can honestly say this is the worst photo of H - EVER. He looks like he is witnessing a liposuction procedure, or just had a bad botox injection. I don't want to be too hard on the photographer, because you kind of need to coax H along in the process, but honestly how could you miss this one. They have to accept the photos on a digital screen. The photographer must have been in cruise control to miss this one. What is sad is that this will be in his "yearbook". Good thing it is only kindergarten. I will need to practice this skill with him to avoid the embarrassing photos in high school yearbooks. In case any of you are dying to purchase these overpriced, horrible photos, I have the information for you. Don't even think of buying it for blackmail - I have the advertisement to put in his scrapbook already. I hate to laugh at my kid, but I just can't help it with this one.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is hilarious!!! He is so handsome. You are so fun!! What a great mom!!

Papa Parrish said...

I think this is a hoot! I quess he is as fond of photography as I am. Now I have a competition for the worst blog picture!