Friday, May 1, 2009

silly things

I know I could post all of these to the side of my blog, but there have been too many silly things said to name them all there. These are all from the horses' (kids') mouths...honest! Spelling is off to emphasize the way C talks. Sorry it has more about C. She is just says sillier things at this stage.
  • C: "Where is my toofbrush?" H: "It is in the lost and found bag in our room." She walks away completely understanding what he said - and bring her toothbrush downstairs. Truth is they actually have a lost and found in their room. I know it is scary, but that is H's way to clean up quickly - at least he remembers what is in there.
  • C: All in one breath "Today I went to the docker with Cacky (her sitter - Cathy). We went to McDonals. I had eggs (really? maybe they were serving breakfast still). Went to music cass." Then she starts singing all of her songs for who knows how long.
  • John had a young man over about to carpool to soccer this weekend. C made fast friends with him. When they left this is what happened. C: "My friend, my friend, my friend, my friend..." You get the idea. He came back to say goodbye more formally. Can you say DRAMA?
  • Today we went on a few errands. As we were leaving one store the clerk said "Have a nice day." C replied: "Have a nice day! See you later! See you later Grandpa" (to the man in line behind us).
  • Today when we were shopping at another store C also wanted to sing the wheels on the bus the whole time. It was getting old since she kept asking "What's next." So we started adding animals on the bus. Here is a sample C: "The cow on the bus goes moo, moo, moo." The lady in line behind us got a kick out of that!
  • As I pulled onto the freeway today C told me "Drive faster mom!" H usually says "Mom slow down I don't want you to get under arrested!" Good thing they weren't both in the car that time.
  • C: "Mom I want to go to John's house" What she meant here is the job site - the house John is building. Oh, and speaking of that things are moving along - cabinets are in, flooring is started
  • After asking H to do anything several times and then getting fed up when he won't listen I usually get more stern and throw in some kind of consequence if he decides to disobey again. This is usually what I get: H: "You're a mean mom!"
  • We were shopping for new clothes for the kids - they just don't fit last year's summer clothing. I saw a shirt that said my mom rocks. Mom: "Hey H want a shirt that says my mom rocks?" H: "No! I want one that says my dad rocks!" Mom: "I don't think they have one like that." H looked irritated - why did I even bring it up? I look around and find one that says "My dad rocks!" Mom: "H what about this one?" Holding it up. H: "Yes I want that!"
  • When we drop H at school C is always so excited to say goodbye. C: "Bye Hairsin. *air kiss* Love you!" H: "Bye C love you too" - in a half embarrassed half happy voice. "Bye mom." No verbal I love you - just the sign language for it. Maybe he thinks the other kids don't know what that means?
  • H: "Mom, I can't wait to go visit Nana." Mom: "Why?" H: "I always get to have poptarts for every breakfast." I guess what happens at Nana's stays at Nana's because we don't have poptarts for breakfast here unless the Easter Bunny or Santa brings them.
  • Mom: "C who is your best friend?" C: "Dora, Mom, Hairsin, Nana, Papa, Benn, Granpa, Hairsin, Dad, Granma" For those of you not on the list - don't fret - she'll add you in a second.
  • This one just happened. C is playing outside with H collecting clovers, a favorite activity. C: "Mom I got cohvers for you. Here you go." She places them on the only piece of open desk space. Thanks! :)

That's enough for now, but trust me I could go on all night. Hope you got a laugh or two out of it. I am sure I did as well as a headache or two!

No comments: