Friday, May 8, 2009

H is a good friend

Today we went to the park after school. H ran into a new boy in his class - he has only been there for a month or so. He was so excited to see H and H was happy to have someone to play with. Well as I watched to two of them it was clear that the other little boy wasn't the easiest child to play with. He clearly had some social/emotional and possibly cognitive delays. His mom came up and introduced herself, I noticed that she didn't resemble the child at all. She is white, he is clearly African American. It was then that I realized that he was probably in a foster care setting or recently adopted. His mom told me they are going through the process of adopting him right now and he is still adjusting. Anyway, H was so great he showed him how to do new things on the playground, he was patient, and really paid no attention to their differences. I was so proud of him! This is exactly the kind of child I was hoping to raise. What a good friend and son. On another note the mom was great too, and the kid was a lot of fun, even giving hugs to H as we left. Made me think of the Rhoton family! Love and miss you guys.

No comments: