Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I know it is a couple of days after the fact, but I figured I should at least blog about my day.
Here are the highlights.
  • H started Mother's Day out on Friday. H came to me holding out a wrapped gift and said "Happy Mother's day." I replied "That isn't today, are you sure you want me to open that now?" He said "Well I dropped it on the blacktop (where he waits to be picked up from school) and I want to make sure it isn't broken." So, I opened a nice handmade piece of kindergarten pottery. It was very nice and painted with black and teal - very good colors.
  • Sunday morning at 7:30 H woke me up to open two cards and wish me Happy Mother's day. Then we went downstairs to entertain himself so I could sleep in.
  • C gave me an awesome gift as well - she slept until 9am, so I did too. When she woke up H told her to say Happy Mother's Day. She said it then and about 10 other times during the day. She also gave me a paper she colored and H wrote "Happy Mother's Dy." He noted that he forgot the a in day. Oh well.
  • Then J made breakfast burritos. YUM. I really love them!
  • Then I laid around until church and had a nice day with only 4 sunbeams - it is so much easier with 4 compared to 6.
  • The day went on as normal - and at 10:30pm I finished out my day perfectly by talking on the phone to my mom for almost an hour. It was great to chat.

So on that note I thought I better pay tribute to Mother's. I can honestly say that my mother's day was perfect because I have a kid who makes me cards, love notes, gives me kisses, and teaches his sister to join in. H really made this Mother's day great. I have to say also that I have a wonderful mom who taught me all that basics to being a great mom. Plus she gave me the foundation of the gospel to learn where to get the answers and peace for the harder parts of parenting. I think my mom is the best ever, and I wouldn't trade her for the world. In fact I think she is so great that we should celebrate all month. I will be there shortly to do just that. Lots of love mom - and Happy Mother's Month!

No comments: