Sunday, May 31, 2009

Scripture Master

This year the bishop promised a treat to the primary kids when they come and recite a scripture from memory to him around their birthday. So when the primary sings to the kids for their birthday they are given a pass for the bishop to go get their candy. I knew this would likely happen today for H, so we spent the morning memorizing the first article of faith (I figured this was an easy one that would come in handy later). For those of you not part of our faith the articles of faith are 12 statements about the beliefs of members of our religion. The first article of faith is "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost." I figured it is rather short with language that he is familiar with, so why not. Well, he memorized it in about 5 minutes! I was super surprised and realized that I could have tried a harder one. He even did great when reciting it to the bishop. Way to go H! Extra bonus, he loved the candy! No shocker there. Is anyone else surprised that this kid is almost 6? I know the photo is kind of crazy, but these are the faces he gives me when I take photos.

No comments: