Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wierd week

This has been a bit of a weird week for us. J went to CA for a big international tournament. He was invited and they paid - so really couldn't pass it up. Meanwhile I turned in a big final paper, and tomorrow I have a comprehensive exam in research. I didn't even understand half of what went on in the class, so I have been studying furiously. Meanwhile I also have another paper due Wed and my candidacy paper due in early Jan. I am trying to finish that up before Christmas break which is in a week. We will see - it is only a 1/3 of the way done. Either way I want to be done with it before Christmas so I can spend time potty training - oh and also enjoying the holidays. On the Christmas front. I have been trying to finish off my gifts to get them out the mail, but it is taking longer than expected - I think I have too much going on.
Also this weekend I heard that J's Grandma is in the hospital. She is 95 and a wonderful woman. J is planning on trying to change his flight home from CA so he can stop and see his family which would be great for him. It makes my life a bit more complicated, but I want him to have that chance. His whole family has gone to Phoenix to be with her, and she is moving to hospice today. Our thoughts and prayers are going to her and the family. We love you all and wish we could be there as well.
Also on Saturday we went to a baptism of a great guy that is now new to our ward. He bore a 30 min testimony today in church - which was very amazing. I can't even go into his whole story, but basically his wife and kids left him recently and after joining the church today he announced that even with all of that he is the happiest he has ever been. Wow I can honestly say I am not that grateful.
Oh, also found out that John and Jamie are expecting another baby! So exciting! I am hoping for a girl so Claire will have another girl cousin - plus I have a ton of cute baby girl clothes to give that way.
With all of that said. I am having a hard time holding back the tears today. Just a lot of emotions going through me. I sing in a Christmas program tonight, so hopefully I won't break down there.
I hope you are all well. Today it is 22 degrees at my house - at 2pm. Stinkin' cold and hardly even snowing. I honestly think it is too cold to snow. Hope you are all enjoying your warmer lives!

No comments: