Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolutions

I hesitate writing these for the public eye, but I think I will be more likely to stick to them. Trouble is now you will know the REAL me.
My resolutions this year are mainly to rid myself from laziness. I know that may seem silly to some of you, but I am one who can easily spend my time sleeping, or blogging instead of working out. I just have too much to do to waste any time.
1-Exercise at least 5 times a week. This is a hard one for me. So this month I am starting out with a shorter time period and working my way up.
2- Daily scripture study. This always seems to be on my list - I do well for a while then loose my routine so I am writing down how I am doing to see if that helps keep tabs better.
3- Only one treat a day. This doesn't include drinks - that would be torture to count hot chocolate on a day where it doesn't go above 20 degrees. This has been hard, but I have been eating more fruit.
4- Wash face and brush teeth before bed - no more falling asleep on the sofa and being too lazy to do this.
5- Finish Comp 2.
6- Publish Comp 1.
7- Work on dissertation!
And on next year's list - GRADUATE!
I feel like I need to include something for church and parenting, so here are those goals.
8- Be more organized in my calling
9- Have more patience with my kids.
10- Spend more time playing with the kids - rather than cleaning/working around them.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad that I'm not the only one struggling with all the basics. Good luck!!!

Papa Parrish said...

Your priorities are in the right place. You can do it!!! Go team Douglas!!!!Nana