Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The drive

Many have inquired about the drive for our trip. I have to say it went more smoothly than I expected in large part because J drove during the night and we were able to play at my brother's house along the way. We took about 2 days each way and spent about 33 hours driving each direction. In total we spent more than 70 hours in the car since we drove around AZ as well. The kids did well...they are good at occupying themselves and we are thankful for the DVD player and leapster. I think the kids had a harder time on our shorter trips than the long parts. On our last leg of the trip the kids and I explored Edmond, OK (well a couple of miles of it) while John slept. This is where I learned that H likes to try on heels. Kind of creeped me out, when he kept trying them on and saying "Mom...do I look beeeeaaaaaautiful?" What a silly kid!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Edmond, OK? Really??? I used to have a boyfriend there. Long story.