Friday, January 16, 2009

random moments

It appears that the PhD effect is starting to kick in. You know what I am talking about. If you ever talk with individuals with a PhD it is very likely that they know a LOT about a LITTLE which sometimes means that common sense is beyond them. Well today I fear that common sense was beyond me and I think John is starting to get scared. On the other hand maybe it is just a preoccupied mind.
Today we took a family adventure to Walmart and Sams Club, which are conveniently located next to each other. As usual we spent too much money, but I can find yummy things in the house once again. Since J joined us he followed his usual routine of opening items and eating them before leaving the store. Just for the record this really makes me feel a bit embarrassed. I am not sure why I get embarrassed, but it just seems wrong to do this before paying. At least this time he was at the check out first. (Last time we did self checkout and the scale wouldn't recognize the item he had opened and ate). As we were leaving C had a piece of ham in her hand just eating away. Then all of the sudden she tried to put it in her pocket for later - GROSS. I have never been a fan of lint covered ham. She is just full of craziness!
Ok, so another gripe about the weather as well. Today the high is somewhere around 5 degrees. I walked to my 9am class when it was 0 degrees. That was a load of fun and I face actually hurt despite my excessive layers. I actually saw students with just a light north face coat on. I know they are warm, but I doubt the light version was designed for 0 degrees. The only good news is the ice storms have been replaced by snow - the real deal. If only we had a roof on the house to make this snow more enjoyable. I know I can't take any more stories about J almost falling off the roof.
Only one week until Bill Cosby - SO EXCITED! I will be thrilled if I can manage to get a decent photo.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Sarah! Thanks for the invite! We're going to Bill Cosby also and CAN'T WAIT!