Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ice storms

For those of you who are under the impression that we have wonderful white winters here...you are sorely mistaken. I can't remember when winter exactly started (yeah I know technically on the winter solstice), but it has been lasting forever. I am sure I wouldn't feel this way if...
1- We had snow instead of ice storms. Sure ice storms sound fun and they are even a hot news topic, but there is nothing cool about a world coated in ice when you need to a) roof a house b) go anywhere c) pick up dog doo. Just for the record we need to do all three! In fact on Christmas day I spent some time cleaning up after our dear doggie. I slid on the ice, and almost landed fanny (that's for you mom) first in the poop. So annoying, and not funny at all!
2- There were more days where a high temperature was above 25 degrees. Again you don't want to go anywhere that involves leaving your home when it is this stinking cold.
3- Build a house. So you might be saying hey, you decided to build instead of buy - well yes we did, but we did not intend on the delays and that in December we would still be trying to roof a house that should have had the roof completed in October or November. So for those of you enjoying warmer weather, or fluffy winter goodness hope you are having fun. If I could I would throw an ice chunk at you!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Totally not jealous about the ice. LOVING our winter weather. Even though it snowed two days after Christmas, the weather warmed up right after.

JamieLynn said...

Cold weather and ice/snow storms stink. I just always tell myself that I will be calling my relatives in July to see what the temp is then...to rub it in!! Either way, there is some season that is rough!

Papa Parrish said...

Thank you for the fanny comment. I want you to know I am a blogstalker and I know when you use those words I forbade, and would get you dish duty if you were home. Oh, yeah, I guess you already get dish duty..I still appreciate the acceptable forms of Hindquarters. Mama