Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Poop-peeve

Am I crazy or can I be a little peeved when after 4 full weeks of potty training madness C still won't put the poop in the potty. Ok, so with H he went every day at 5pm so it was easy to finish this part of training. I would just spend that time in the bathroom every day. With C she goes whenever, where ever and how ever it pleases her. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am annoyed. I have tried the guilt trip, the underwear bribe, the candy bribe, and the "I'm not changing you this time go to dad trick". I even take her to the bathroom every hour. Still no luck. I am tempted to go back to diapers, but she is pretty good about staying dry, so I don't want to ruin that. I mean if you think she looks worn out think about me. So you veterans out there tell me how to convince a sassy, stubborn, stinky girl to poop in the potty already.

2 comments:

Papa Parrish said...

What does Claire want to do? Is she willing to do the potty thing, or not? You might just do what Grandma P did , with your dad..., put the pants in a drawer that she can access, and tell her that when she is ready, bring them to you and you'll try again for her to be a big girl. She won't go to kindergarten in diapers, I'm certain. Nana

Written by Wendy said...

Hang in there, My daughter, Madison, took the longest of all my children. By 3.5 she was pooping in the toilet, I tried everything. I finally let it go and realized that she'll do it when she was ready and when I let go, so did she. One day she announced to me that she was a "real" big girl, and that was it. I'm happy she's past that part of her baby years, but once that happens they really do change, and there are times I miss my baby (not the pooping part, but the sweet part)Now I have a little girl who wants to be Hanah Montana, what's next? Enjoy C for all the baby parts she still is, it'll be gone in a blink of an eye. Hang in there!
Wendy