Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No babysitter

Ok, so having been there as a babysitter - I know how it is on days where your kids are sick and you just don't want to have others around to get them sick or to have to deal with when you kid is throwing up. That is why this morning when my sitter called and told me her kid was throwing up violently I opted to take C with me today. (J went out of town for a game today). Just take note that this is not a class day, just a day where I meet about a couple of projects. C loves going to school with me because she gets to ride the bus around - so she was very excited to be with me. She did ok for the first meeting which was with other doc students. They were very patient and understanding of my predicament. At the second meeting with a professor she did ok at first. Then after about 5 min she wrote on her face in pen (I was trying to get her to color to keep quiet) and then right at the end she just up and ripped her shirt off. Luckily this is the most laid back professor - with 3 kids of his own, so he just said "my office isn't even hot- the heater doesn't work." It was actually pretty funny, but a little embarassing. I can't even remember a time at home when she has done this - so it was kind of weird. Luckily I could spend the rest of the day home - who knows what she would have tried next.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

that is hilarious. she sounds like a very fun kid!