Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh wow!

I have been wanting to post this for a while, but couldn't until it was official. I was just sustained as the new Young Women's President in our ward today. I have to admit I felt overwhelmed at first, but I have had a few weeks to get used to the idea. The girls are great in our ward and I have a great team of women to work with, so that will help a lot! This will be my first time in YW (except when I was there as a youth - 11 years ago). If anyone has words of wisdom I'd love to hear them. Love you all.

3 comments:

Darcy & Nathan Parrish said...

Wow that is awesome, Sara! Even more awesome for the girls in your ward. I can't think of a better role model for young girls than you, you're my role model for sure! You'll do great.

Michelle said...

Congrats! You will be wonderful:) I hope you still find time to blog with less free time.

Papa Parrish said...

I am happy for you, for your young women, and for the blessings your family will receive from your service. Keep up the good work!! Nana Our young women joined us our last RS acivity, where we had teams compete in olympic ironing, baking, jam making, table setting, button sewing, and we each took a team turn in the nursery!! Kind of fun.