Friday, June 10, 2011

Turning 8 is great

I am a little behind in all things blog related. Too much is happening too quickly and I am too busy to keep up (did I really use use too and to 4 times in one sentence?). I will start with H turning 8. This makes me feel really old! When I was a mom of very little kids people often said "enjoy it, it goes so fast". I remember thinking each time I heard that, "yeah right you aren't up with this kid every night - 2am doesn't seem to fly by". Well, unfortunately it is true. While the young years seem to drag in some ways, they really zoom by too quickly. So now I am officially a mom of an "older" kid. We spent his birthday doing some of the normal birthday things (cake - or key lime pie, presents), and then went to his soccer game that evening. He was thrilled to have a game on his birthday. He is #16 in the photos. I am sure there will be more soccer photos on this blog in the future. Later this summer Harrison will be baptized and we are very excited for this event. PS His favorite birthday gift was a pocket knife from his dad.

No comments: