Friday, June 18, 2010

strawberry time

This year C and I took a girl trip to pick strawberries while H and J went shooting. It smelled heavenly and we picked two buckets full. C did much better waiting until we paid this year (last year she ate as she picked - and ate a lot, this year she just ate 3 near the end). She did swipe a few more before we got home.
She was a super cheerleader while I picked:
"Wow mom you are doing such a good job."
"You are really good at this!"
"Look how many you have."

She also made a few interesting comments:
"Mom I found a butt strawberry!" - Well, that sounds nasty!
"Mom, if a spider is on my strawberry will you shake it off?"
"Whoa, this one is enormous!" Really? Enormous? Such a big word for a little girl.
I should be able to get 2 nice batches of jam out of what we picked. Good thing because last year's batches are nearly gone.

No comments: