Thursday, June 24, 2010

Big day

Today within the hour my first publication will be off in the mail. My very first submission! I am feeling a little uneasy. The journal I chose has a good track record - over 40 years of publication and a solid choice for my review paper (several of the articles I reviewed were from this journal). The journal is associated with the Council for Exceptional Children - the premiere organization for the area of special education. It has an H index (the scientific impact and productivity of the journal) of 18 - I am sure this is low for many fields, but research in this area is a lot more sticky - and very few participants, so this is actually good for my area (the CEC main journal has an H index of 35 and an acceptance rate of 20%). This journal has an acceptance rate of 45%. So that has me thinking - is my paper, that I have been working on for almost 2 years, better than average? Time will tell. Wish me luck!

No comments: