Saturday, June 26, 2010

Birthday girl

Our little "Fairy Princess" is turning 4. Doesn't that seem crazy? We celebrated early since I will be at girl's camp for her birthday (I feel like a bad mother on that one, but what can you do?). We celebrated by going to the beach in the morning. Note: the term beach is used in these parts to mean the edge of a lake where sand has been dumped so people don't have to drive to the ocean. The kids had a great time and wanted to stay longer. This was our second time to this beach. We had some other friends there. Our new next door neighbors loved it so much they were there from 9am to 4pm, and they are sunburned to prove it. We lathered on sunscreen, wore hats, and stayed only 2 hours, so we are not burned! Then the kids went and got hair cuts, and we came home to get cleaned up. After that we headed to the mall for C's bday wish - to have her ears pierced. She was so excited. I slightly remember getting mine pierced (I know my scream echoed in the mall). So in anticipation I made sure to go when there were two people to pierce. She picked lovely pink flowers with crystals (one of the most expensive pairs of course), but I am sure she will be happy wearing them for 6 months straight. When the time came she looked stunned but no tears, no I need mommy hugs, not even whining (and around here we all know she is an expert at that). She was a big girl! It took her a little while to really get excited about having them. I think she was a bit shocked by the whole experience, but last night she said "When they shot the earrings in my ear it hurt." Well I am sure that is true. Then we did a couple of errands (last minute camp items, groceries - good thing the girl likes to shop), and picked up pizza on the way home for dinner. We opened presents: dress up shoes, froot loops (not the ones that were recalled), a strawberry shortcake, sunglasses, and new hair flowers. She was thrilled by everything. We had cake and ice cream with neighbor friends, caught fireflies (a nightly ritual now - which means bedtime has been too late), and set off some fireworks. It was a great day. I love this little girl. Sure she is dramatic, and might make you crazy at times, but mostly she is fun loving, kind, great at cheering you on, energetic, happy, and funny. She is always making our day brighter and I couldn't ask for a better daughter! Love you stinkers.

1 comment:

Papa Parrish said...

So good to see birthday pictures and see Claire growing up. So proud that she faced pain in triumph! Nana