Saturday, June 12, 2010

H is 7!

It is so hard for me to believe my son is already 7. Where does the time go? He was thrilled for this birthday this year (not that he hasn't been other years, but more so this year). He planned out the entire day. He had his special day at school (where you get to do show and tell and bring a treat). He took in cupcakes, soccer lined chocolate chocolate with multicolored sprinkles.
Then after school we went to the YMCA to swim. The kids loved that. I think I made the lifeguard nervous (seems like mostly teens and older people do open swim and they don't often need saving - 2 kids seemed to put him on high alert). That is fine with me - the lifeguard is getting paid to make sure no one gets harmed.
Then we came home and had homemade cheesy pizza bread (a family favorite thanks to Dina). He also requested key lime pie for dessert. He was a champ at blowing out candles (hope he made a super wish).
Then it was present time. The hit present was definitely the transformers from Nana & Papa, but he also loved the cards with money, and the world cup soccer ball dad picked out. (Speaking of the world cup, my life and TV is about to be taken over for the occasion, 3 games today!)
H is such a joy of a kid, parenting does get more complicated as they get older, but he has been a great guinea pig for our parenting skills. At his special day people get to give compliments. His friends said "I like how H is a really great friend." and " I like how you can catch really good." His teacher said, H is very quiet and cooperative boy." I pretty much agree with all of that (he isn't always quiet). He is a wonderful son, and brother, and he is a keeper!

No comments: