Thursday, February 3, 2011

flexible carrots

C came home from preschool today with some "flexible carrots" (those were her words which are pretty accurate if you ask me). Apparently they were on her lunch tray. I am thinking that the lunch ladies need a little help with knowing when produce is fresh. I am not volunteering to tell them!
Did get me thinking though. First off C is getting too big! How does that happen? I mean really who puts the word flexible in front of carrot. That is just too smart and I can't believe she isn't little anymore - really a girl now, and a SASSY one.
Next, sometimes I am a little like a fresh carrot. A good way to be if you are a carrot, but not necessarily good for humans who need to endure a lot of different things and be "flexible." I have been trying to roll with the punches recently and it has been rough on me and emotional. I mean I should be able to relax and just let things happen occasionally, but often I get too anxious and frustrated to do that. Today I got some good news that I will gladly share in a week or so and it makes me feel SO happy! You know, actually the waiting part was good for me - and I am shocked I am even able to say that.

1 comment:

JamieLynn said...

another baby? a job offer? moving back west? finished the dissertation already? The suspense is killing me!!!!

ps- how do you spell dissertation??