Sunday, May 9, 2010

Best mother's day ever

Today J got up before me - a feat for sure. He made me breakfast and had me try out my new bubble bath (I may have dropped a few hints about this since my last bottle was out). It was wonderful. Also got some new candles and lotions. We were even on time for church. The kids forgot their church bag, but were mostly well behaved. Both kids sang a mother's day tune. I got chocolate from the ward, and cookies from Sister Done - the best cookie maker in the ward! It was the best mother's day that I can remember. I think this is because both kids understand it and made a big deal out of it. C has been bursting at the seams to give me things she made or tell me about secrets. H has been about ready to strangle her a few times. Never had a new born at mother's day (only a huge nearly due belly or 11 month old - neither of which are all fun and games), but I think that is about the only thing that would beat this.

2 comments:

Baby Oven said...

Um, there has been a lot of baby talk on your blog. Is there something that you want to tell us? We can keep a secret. :)

Douglas Family said...

No news like that...actually I think I talk a lot more about tooth loss than babies recently on this blog - maybe that just means I am getting old. The next baby I am having is called PhD and the gestational period, labor, and delivery are likely to kill me!