Sunday, May 9, 2010

Babies

C was taking her bath yesterday and I commented on how large her tummy looked after a great dinner of hotdogs (her favorite - and she obviously ate a lot). She then told me she is having a baby, it is going to come out her mouth, and she will name it Sarah. I was laughing too hard to correct her about the baby coming out of the mouth.
She is all about learning how to be a mommy right now so I have been using that to my advantage to get her to help out. I tell her "this will help you learn how to be a mom!" Hope this lasts a while.
Today, to clear up the misconception from yesterday, we had a conversation of the way babies are really born (the preschool version). All she said is "does it hurt?" I was honest and said yes, but it is worth it because you have a baby in the end - and they have medicine so it doesn't hurt as much. She seemed satisfied. Kind of a nice mother's day talk with my baby girl - who isn't much of a baby anymore.

1 comment:

Papa Parrish said...

That was the way Uncle J thought babies came...since I threw up so much with you...I would just go to the hospital and throw up some more...I was just in training!!! I can send Aunt J to help you with the "where babies come from" she was happy to help me out with the explaining...without even being asked! Nana