Friday, February 26, 2010

Long road

I thought when it came to the actual research part of this experience that things would be more straight forward. Maybe it is the the project I am working on, maybe it is research with the population I want to work with, or maybe it is just research in general, but I am realizing that there is so much more to consider. Seriously I just want to train someone and see what happens, but you need to have signed paperwork from everyone and their dog, then make sure not to include anyone who didn't sign paperwork in the video (like you can control 2-5 year olds who want to be movie stars). Plus all the paperwork with the university before you are even allowed to start. I also have to plan the training itself. I have to say the easiest part so far is finding a place to do my research. They were perfectly willing to let me come in and work with them. Just lots to do. The good news is that I am not working on a regular school schedule since I am doing the research at a private agency, so I don't have to be done by June if things don't work out perfectly. Funny thing is that the research data collection is only part of what I have to do and maybe it will turn out to be the easiest part. I just have to say it would have been SOOOOOOOO much easier to just have stayed in the classroom, but then again I have never been one to take the easy path.

1 comment:

Papa Parrish said...

It will be worth it. the Nana