Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A bit behind

I am a bit behind in my postings, and should really be doing work instead of posting...but I never got to detail my birthday. I had my first birthday month and it was super! J surprised me by flying my mom out for the weekend just before my birthday. I was very shocked to see her in my house, but we had a great time! I didn't get any school work done that weekend, but I did get to spend a lot of time with my mom and the kids. We went thrift shopping (and found some great shoe deals), went to an awesome never ending antique store (see photos of cool items to the right), went to Meyer Dairy - can't visit here and not eat the best ice cream around! We also went out to eat at a local inn, and Nana watched the kids so we could go on a date. It was a great weekend and super way to start off my birthday festivities. For my actually birthday I had some friends over. We had a nice time - thanks to all who brought food and yummy cake (Lauren) to share. I feel very lucky to have great friends! I have also had numerous cards sent my way - I feel so blessed to have so many fans :) So far 30 has been treating me well (see the post about sleeping in). It is nice to be in this stage of life!

1 comment:

Papa Parrish said...

Good times were had by all!!the Nana