Saturday, September 20, 2008

LOOK AT ME I CAN READ

Ok, so major breakthrough this week. H has been working furiously on his letter sounds. Some are still a bit hard for him to remember, but he is obsessed with spelling words and as I help him sort out the letter according to the sound I noticed he is finally ready to begin reading. Such an exciting time for us! I wanted to buy the Primary Phonics set, as I think my old set was left in Flagstaff with another teacher since it was purchased primarily with district money. When I thought about it I realized that the length of the book would be too overwhelming at first so I bought the first set of BOB books. They were perfect and he can already read the first two books by himself in the set. I will work on getting a video of this as well for now a photo will have to do! Just as a note J looked so proud and impressed as H showed off his skills this week.

3 comments:

Papa Parrish said...

Go Harrison!!! Go dancing queen, Claire!!!Love the shoes. Hope the plans are approved,and house progresses. Have a great week.Love you all. Nana

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

WOW, I'm behind...Cute shoes, cute glasses! Looks like you guys are doing well so far! My girls get comments on how cute their shoes/clothes are every time they wear the stuff you gave us. The funny thing is that you gave us a pink shirt and we happened to have the same exact one so it works out perfect that now we have two!(They are wearing them in my "Snowbowl" post.) Cute pictures, glad you keep it updated!! :)

Papa Parrish said...

LOve the blog and the updates. Glad to have the internet connection to all of you.NanaP