Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter

This post is a bit late. Easter was a little spread out this year. Two weeks ago we had our Easter service at church since conference (our bi-yearly broadcast from church leaders in Salt Lake) was over Easter weekend. I had church meetings early so J got the kids ready and headed to church. It was a rainy day, so I didn't take photos that day, but let me just tell you H looked super handsome (no photo to prove it) and C looked like this (an accurate reenactment minus the hair that is combed):
Not exactly what I had in mind, and J believed her when she said that is what I picked out for her. She looked a little like Punky Brewster or Pippi Longstocking - all mistmatched.






I was hoping she would look more like this:










On Easter day we spent the day at home watching conference. I actually made the time to watch all 4 sessions (5 counting the young women session the previous weekend). It was a very fulfilling experience and I am amazed at all the things I have been remembering throughout the week about the counsel we were given. I love hearing from the prophet and apostles! The kids engaged in the regular festivities: egg hunt, Easter baskets, candy for breakfast. You know the regular drill!











It was a beautiful warm day and my tulips and daffodils were blooming.
Since I didn't get to take photos on Easter in Sunday dress, I took a couple today of the kids. They are getting so big and I love that they mostly like each other. I really hope that lasts forever!

1 comment: