Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Prethanksgiving torture

I spent most of the morning today enduring a tingling/numb ear, jaw, and right side of my face. Apparently last time I visited the dentist there was an old filling (my very first) that had partially fallen out and a small cavity had developed in the groove beside where the filling was previously. At first I didn't mind the tingling, but when my ear started to get numb and I had drooling and tongue chewing issues the fun wore off fast.
I just wonder if I have an addiction to pre Thanksgiving torture. Personally I think Thanksgiving is kind of a nasty holiday. If we really were just focusing on giving thanks instead of filling our faces and making our bodies feel nasty maybe I would like it more. So far it just seems like everyone eats, makes messes, and sit in front of the TV. Maybe because of this I have a history of having medical procedures the day before Thanksgiving. First wisdom teeth, then tonsils, now a filling (which was less brutal than the first two by far). I see a trend. Maybe next year I will schedule my tummy tuck just before Thanksgiving :) Oh yeah, no money for that!
By the way mom, whatever happened to one of your sons going into plastic surgery - did they all flake out on you or are you holding out for Benn?

1 comment:

Papa Parrish said...

N denies ever having promised me liposuction...I guess I am lucky since he may be a stock broker, and liposucttion to our retirement fund is not a good idea. MamaP