Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012 update

So I haven't been able to think of anything clever to write, so I just haven't written. Bad plan. I should write anyway, clever or not.

We are getting into a new groove this semester with my course schedule and the kids activities. Luckily it is "off season" for J so he picks up the slack. I am enjoying my job and trying to keep up on getting papers off in an attempt to publish - something I still don't feel like I do very well. I guess it is a learning process - but the curve seems a bit steep some days. My classes are great. I seem to have hard working students this semester. C still continues with gymnastics and H with soccer. This means 2 practices/games a week for each of them. They are also doing swim on Saturdays.

Other than that our life has been moving along - and someone got a year older. Yep, me! 32 is an interesting age - seems a lot closer to 35 which for some reason is a bit intimidating. I now consider us the "young" in the old group at church rather than the "old" in the young group at church. Maybe part of that is being done with school, but it feels a little weird. Seems so weird to me when people weren't around in the 80s - but that seems to be happening more and more.
Anyway, I had a great day - worked from home and got spoiled by my kids, hubby, parents, and friends. Felt very loved. My most exciting present was a watch that J got me (well ok, I picked it out, but it was his idea to replace the watch I have had forever that keeps falling apart). Anyway, I love the new watch!!! It is fashionable, comfortable, and I think Skagen has a customer for life.

No comments: