Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Little blessings

I am a little overwhelmed with the few things I need to tie up for school/work. I have a huge pile of grading, a test tomorrow, a paper to finish, a study to complete, grades to input, data to analyze, a study to write up (this one will be going on for months), and an interview (which I really need to get ready for). So at moments like this I often have 2 choices, panic (this involves lots of crazy dreams), or chip away at what I am doing and try to feel peace. I am opting for the second one - but decided to take a short break for a post. With the second choice I often have to think about my blessings to pull through, so today I am grateful for a family who still loves me even though I may disappear for hours on end to work, mutual (which has become a mandatory break for me - it can be stressful beforehand, but I always feel better able to tackle work after spending an evening with energetic young women), a great husband who doesn't care if the house falls apart at the end of the semester and picks up the slack in the parenting department. I am also grateful that H changed his mind and asked Santa for starwars legos (granted mom had to discuss a few things about greed when his list included a Monster Truck RC car, Wii, and DS), and a daughter who only wants a booster (she calls it booter) seat and polly pockets. My kids are great and I'm pretty sure Santa will be able to deliver.
Hope your holiday preparations are going well - I still have much to do. For those of you in school - I hope your semester winds down beautifully!

1 comment:

Papa Parrish said...

I survived, hope you did, too. NanaP