Tuesday, August 26, 2008

PSU begins

Well, I think many of you may be wondering how school is going. Frankly it is hard to say at this point. I am still in the first week of classes, so I will know more about my duties, work load, etc by the end of the week. For now I can tell that I am going to need to wear my glasses nonstop because I will be reading all the time. The level of text is going to be quite a challenge, and it has been putting me to sleep nightly. Also I can tell you I have no idea what my assistantship will look like since the prof I am working with didn't even know I need to work with him for 20 hours - he thought I needed 10 and he was barely going to have that. He is VERY laid back, which is fine, but I have a feeling that if he doesn't have enough and others find out I will be penalized later with an onslaught of work all when I am super busy with class papers, etc. So, I am trying to sort all of that out now. I don't mind working less, but not being paid could pose a problem. It looks like I will be able to work M-Th and possibly work from home one or two of those days a week. For that I am grateful.
For those of you who are football fans I get to (yes get to) park at Beaver stadium everyday and take the bus to my bldg on campus. I have already made best friends with good ol' (and I mean OLD) Joe Paterno. We meet for lunch at least a couple times a week to discuss his football strategy for the upcoming season. He tells me I am the only one who really understands his take on the game. Ok, so maybe we aren't that close. Actually I have only seen him on the news, but I can tell you that he is the topic of conversation all over the county. Seems like people would have better things to discuss, but I guess not.

No comments: